Summer is here & that means it’s time to enjoy a cocktail outside. Whiskey Sours are an easy cocktail to make & a crowd pleaser!
I’m sure more and more of us are choosing to stay home vs. dining out (well at least I am) this summer. So why not learn a few new cocktail recipes to pair with our backyard dining experiences!
I know a Whiskey Sour isn’t typically a “summer” drink but when I took a sip of this all I could think about was that this would taste great on a hot summer day. Using fresh squeezed lemon is the key! It’s basically an adult version of lemonade.
I actually hate whiskey & think it tastes gross- but this drink TOTALLY tastes more like a strong lemonade. I would definitely drink this over & over again. Also, if you are celebrating Father’s Day- this a good drink to make for dads. Definitely a step up from beer but also not a super “girly” cocktail.
I got this recipe from my friend William & tweaked it just a teeny tiny bit! Enjoy!
For more cocktail recipes, click HERE.
- 2 shots whiskey (I used Jack Daniels)
- 1½ shots simple syrup (see note)
- 1 egg white
- ½ lemon, freshly squeezed
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker full of ice. Shake for a minute vigorously.
- Pour over ice. This recipe was enough to fill two 6 oz. mason jars.
- Garnish with cherries or slices of lemon.