Merry Christmas Eve! Is everyone ready for Christmas tomorrow? I have some last minute wrapping to do & them I’m finally done!
So not only is it Christmas Eve, but it’s also #MeatlessMonday! This recipe for Monkey Bread is a perfect treat for breakfast on Christmas morning. I just made this bread for a potluck brunch I had with my girlfriends- it was delicious. The melted butter combined with sugar creates a sticky, sweet coating on the biscuits. This bread will literally melt in your mouth!
Below is a basic Monkey Bread recipe, but there are so many variations out there nowadays. Here are a few versions of this recipe that sound delicious:
- Chocolate Chip Monkey Bread
- Cinnamon Apple Monkey Bread
- Pretzel Monkey Bread with Honey Mustard Dip
- Pumpkin Spice Monkey Bread with Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4 10 oz tubes of buttermilk biscuits (or three 16 oz tubes of jumbo buttermilk biscuits-preferably Pillsbury)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bundt pan & sprinkle the chopped pecans into the bottom of the pan.
- Combine the sugar & cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
- Quarter the biscuits and roll them in the sugar & cinnamon mixture. Layer the biscuits evenly in the bundt pan.
- Melt butter and brown sugar together in a small sauce pan over medium low heat. Pour over biscuits in bundt pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes- until top browns evenly.
- Remove from bundt pan while hot.