Here’s another Meatless Monday option- but it is so not healthy!
But we’re gearing up for winter right so who’s counting calories? This is good meal for when you’re craving comfort food on a cold night. This dish is easy to make during the week, there’s barely any prep work! This also makes a lot so it’s a good dish if you are a fan of leftovers or have a large family to cook for!
I found this recipe on Pinterest from Yellow Bliss Road. All of her recipes are family style & she has tons of weeknight options. Her specialty is comfort food- everything looks so delicious!
Below is my version of this recipe with a few tweaks!
- 8 oz spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded white cheddar
- 2 tbsp whipped cream cheese
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped flat leaf parsley
- Boil salt water in a large pot. Add spaghetti and cook for about 7-8 minutes, until al dente. Drain & reserve 1½ cups of pasta water.
- In a large saute pan, melt butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and stir, cooking for about a minute.
- Add spaghetti, pasta water, cream cheese and heavy cream to the skillet. Bring to a boil and add shredded cheeses. Stir constantly until cheeses are melted and pasta is completely coated, about a minute. Reduce heat and continue to cook & stir until sauce is thickened and reduced, about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and garnish with more fresh parsley & grated parmesan (if desired).