This winter has been rough AF on my skin.
From the harsh cold air, the wind & little bouts of snow- my skin really took a beating. I developed random dry patches on my skin, tons of redness & irritation on my cheeks and just overall dehydration! I turned to my favorite non-toxic products to deal with this hot mess situation. Everyday I felt like I needed some extra TLC here & there, so I experimented with different combinations of these products. Here are my all time favorite winter season skincare:
1. Ursa Major 3 Minute Flash Mask– This quick mask basically acted like a chemical peel- without all the harsh chemicals & without the skin irritation. My skin looked brighter & clear after using this mask. And the best part is that it literally takes 3 minutes! Using this at least once a week is a must.
2. REN Skincare Bio Reinoid Anti-Wrinkle Concentrate Oil– I really like this oil & use it a few nights a week. Anything that prevents wrinkles & plumps your skin in all the right places has my name written all over it.
3. REN Skincare Evercalm Overnight Recovery Balm– This balm is so hydrating. It starts as a balm like texture, then when rubbed in your hands, it liquifies into an oil. Then pat onto your face (do this as a last step in your nighttime skincare routine). It’s like a tall glass of water for your skin!
4. Kahina Giving Beauty Oil Cleanser– Ok this cleanser is AMAZING! I only use it at night & it removes ALL of my makeup (including my stubborn mascara). My face doesn’t have that squeaky clean feeling afterwards- which honestly I hate. It feels clean, but hydrated. And this cleanser goes a long way. I’ve been using it since September & still have a little over half the bottle left. If you’re scared of using an oil cleanser on your face, don’t be. It doesn’t make your skin oily like most people assume.
5. Dr. Alkaitis Nourishing Oil– Ok confession. I’ve only used this treatment oil for 3 days, I just got it this past weekend. But it has tamed the redness in my skin almost immediately. I use it morning & night. It gives me a gorgeous glow- especially in the mornings after I put my makeup on. I’m so in love with this oil- yes it’s expensive, but totally worth it!
6. Beautycounter Countermatch Adaptive Moisture Lotion– This is my morning moisturizer. And it smells SO good. Paired with my serums, this moisturizer is the perfect last step to my morning routine. It locks in all the moisturize & creates a smooth surface for applying makeup.
7. Beautycounter Rejuvenating Night Cream– This is my nighttime moisturizer. I needed a super hydrating lotion & this night cream goes a long way. I take a small scoop, rub it on my fingers and then gently pat into my skin to lock in all the hydrating properties of my serums. Again, a little goes a long way.
8. Beautycounter Lip Conditioner Calendula– The last step is putting on this lip conditioner. My lips get super chapped in the winter & this lip balm fixes that. I like to really lather it on at night & then will lightly apply in the mornings underneath lip gloss. It comes in two fresh scents- I like the calendula scent the best.
9. Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask– Last but not least, my favorite hydrating mask!! This mask is truly awesome. You can use it as an overnight mask, as a quick 10 minute hydrating mask- I’ve even used it as an eye cream before. You don’t need a lot in order to get results. This mask will remove the dullness, dryness & uneven texture from your skin. I also feel like I’m glowing, especially when I use it as an overnight mask.
The best part of all of these products are that they are non-toxic & safe for your skin. Using plant-based products has been a game changer for my skin & they work so much better than the chemical heavy products you can find at your local drugstore. I feel confident knowing I’m putting the best quality on my skin & don’t have to worry about life threatening issues down the road. Also, I am a Beautycounter rep so please feel free to reach out with any Beautycounter related questions!