This is my go-to lunch option when I don’t have much time to meal prep. It’s an easy one sheet pan recipe & I cheat and use already prepared quinoa from Costco (Seeds of Change Quinoa & Brown Rice packets). I find this meal super filling & flavorful. I usually get about three 8 oz. glass tupperware containers worth of food from this one recipe. Three days worth of lunches!! I also make a greek yogurt & cilantro dip to go with veggies- so delicious!
You can always switch up the spices used in this recipe. Sometimes I use chili powder, onion powder or a pinch of garlic salt. Experiment & see what works best for you.
Veggie Quinoa Bowl
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled & chopped into chunks
- ½ small red onion, chopped
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. cumin
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Greek Yogurt Dip
- 5 oz. container greek yogurt
- 1½ tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Chop the orange bell pepper, sweet potatoes and red onion & place on a baking sheet.
- Drain and rinse the chick peas & place on the baking sheet. Make sure all veggies are spaced out evenly and not layered on top of each other.
- Drizzle olive oil over the veggies then sprinkle the paprika, cumin, salt & pepper evenly over the veggies. Use your hands to mix the olive oil & spices evenly onto the veggies.
- Roast in the oven for 20-25 min, until the tops of the sweet potatoes are nicely browned.
- While the veggies are cooking, prepare your quinoa.
- To assemble your veggie bowls- layer each glass container with your quinoa or brown rice first. Then add the roasted veggies on top.
- Top with a dollop of greek yogurt dip.