Valentine’s Day is Friday….do you have your date night planned already?
Whether you’re planning something with your significant other or getting together with friends- don’t automatically assume you need to go out to a fancy dinner to celebrate this holiday. I remember one Valentine’s Day, Alex took me to this fancy steakhouse in NY. While the food was excellent, the menu prices were jacked up that night & I believe only a prix fixe menu was available. And not to mention we were the youngest people there LOL We both looked at each other & made a mental note- never again!
You can plan a special Valentine’s Day celebration that doesn’t include going to a fancy French restaurant & doesn’t have to be over the top expensive. This year we are cooking a nice dinner at home, together. We’re going to make it fancy & cook a meal we wouldn’t normally eat on a regular night (and of course I’ll make a decadent dessert). But the plus side, we’ll be in our comfy sweats & get to watch a movie while enjoying our meal.
If you are struggling with ideas for this Friday night, here are a few suggestions that could be fun:
- Plan a game night with other couples
- Throw a Galentine’s Day Potluck Brunch with your besties
- Skip dinner altogether & just go see a movie and bring lots of snacks (and some cocktails)
- Go to a cooking class
- Rent an Air BNB for the night for a little change of scenery
- Make homemade pizzas instead of ordering & experiment with toppings
- Recreate your first date
- Go wine tasting or visit a brewery
- Explore a city or town near you that you’ve never been to
- Go dancing with your girlfriends at a gay bar (the best time ever!)
- Create a spa night at home
- Check out the local deals on Groupon or Living Social for ideas