It’s summer & it’s humid AF here in CT. Break out your sun dress!
I prefer wearing dresses in the summertime. They’re great in the heat & are way more comfortable than shorts. Plus dresses tend to be more versatile. You can dress them up or down. I love a dress that I can wear as a beach coverup & then out to dinner (well maybe not this summer!).
Some tips when shopping for summer dresses:
- Try to pick dresses that are mostly cotton. This fabric breathes better than most & is the most comfortable to wear in the heat.
- Find a great maxi dress. These dresses can be dressed up, worn as beach coverups & just look a bit more glamourous than most dresses.
- Choose loose, flowy styles for everyday wear. They breathe better in the summer & are way more comfortable than form fitting silhouettes. Who wants to be sweating in the summer heat with a super tight dress on?
- Pop on a denim jacket over your dress when it gets chilly out!
- Style your dress with either sandals or sneakers (goes along with the day to night concept).
There are so many affordable options this season! And I think so many more sales due to Covid bringing the retail industry to a standstill for the majority of this year.
I’m trying to shop mindfully this summer & not overspend. I am rewearing a lot of my current summer wardrobe (all the dresses in these pics are from last year) & only adding in two new dresses this season (this striped one & a red maxi dress). I urge you to really comb through your wardrobe first before aimlessly shopping. Yes, it’s great that we want to help get the economy back on it’s feet by shopping- but shopping just to buy something is not the way to go.
By the way, the dresses below are all affordable. Make sure you check out the retailers homepages, most of them are offering discount codes at this time!
Here are a few adorable & affordable dresses I’ve found this year: