Since we’ve all been a bit stir crazy during this quarantine- I wanted to get you all excited for the spring/summer grilling season. Spinach & Feta Chicken burgers are perfect to pop onto the grill for a healthy lunch or dinner option.
Using ground chicken instead of beef is a bit healthier & just tastes better in my opinion. It’s a leaner protein but you can also substitute with ground turkey if you prefer. These burgers are also packed with spinach which is a natural immune booster. Spinach is full of Vitamin C- something we all need more of in our diet especially now.
Made with Mediterranean flavors, these burgers taste best topped with tzatziki sauce.
You can certainly buy already made tzatziki at your local grocery store but homemade is the best. I love this recipe from AnotherTablespoon. Finely grating the cucumber makes such a difference.
I also love to make a big batch of these then freeze them individually. They’re easy to reheat for lunch on the go & are good to eat any time of the year! Serve on a bun with spinach, slices of red onion & don’t forget the tzatziki!
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- ½ bag (6 oz bag) of baby spinach, chopped
- ½ container of crumbled feta cheese (5 lb. container)
- ¼ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ½ medium red onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- Combine all ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl. Mix together well.
- Divide mixture into six parts. Form a patty with your hands. Make sure the thickness is the same all around so the burger cooks evenly.
- Either pan fry the burgers on your stove (coat frying pan with olive oil or cooking spray first) or grill them.
- Cook about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Serve on bun with baby spinach, chopped red onion & tzatziki sauce.