Happy Monday! After eating pretty much whatever I wanted this past weekend in Florida, I need to reset my week with a healthy, meatless option. I have always loved cauliflower & try to find new ways to flavor it and prepare it.
I tried this recipe that I found on Pinterest for Spicy Roasted Cauliflower with Cheese Sauce & it is ridiculously good. It’s a great way to cut carbs, but still feel like you’re eating something super yummy and bad for you! If you’re not into spicy things, just eliminate the cayenne pepper. I really don’t like spicy food & I thought this wasn’t that spicy at all.
This is also a great appetizer & a perfect healthy alternative to make for Football Sunday!
- ½ tbsp. smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp, cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 lb. frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 4 oz. sharp cheddar, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl combine the smoked paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Spread the frozen cauliflower florets onto a baking sheet (no need to thaw first), then drizzle with the olive oil & sprinkle the spice mixture over the top. Toss the cauliflower until evenly coated.
- Roast the cauliflower for 30 minutes, stirring once half way through.
- About half way through roasting time, begin the cheese sauce. Add the evaporated milk and butter to a small sauce pan. Heat over medium heat, while stirring, until the butter has melted and the evaporated milk is hot. This should only take a few minutes.
- Turn the heat to low and being whisking in the shredded cheese, one handful at a time. Make sure the cheese has fully melted before adding in the next handful.
- Once all the cheese is melted, the sauce should thicken. If the sauce is still thin, keep whisking over low heat until it thickens. Remove the sauce from the heat once ready to serve.
- Pour the cheese over the roasted cauliflower & serve immediately.