We’re coming to the last few installments of my monthly self care check-ins.
This whole year has been geared towards self care & self love. I think women in general, put their needs last and don’t take care of themselves enough. Check out my previous self care posts for more tips & tricks on how to better yourself.
This month’s installment is all about sleep. Sleep is imperative in order to be a functioning human being. I don’t know about you, but I need at least 7-8 hours to feel fully alert & awake the next day.
Sleep, especially for women, can be hard to come by. If you’re a mother, you always have one eye open and on high alert for a crying child. If you have a highly stressful job (or are just a high anxiety person), maybe your mind is racing 24/7 with a running to do list. Whatever it is, I may have some tips & tricks to help you get a better night’s sleep.
This is what has worked for me recently:
- Putting my phone on Do Not Disturb.
- Once 10:00 pm rolls around, my phone automatically goes on Do Not Disturb until 7:30 the next morning. Calls, texts & notifications will not come through. There’s nothing I hate more than an alert waking me up in the middle of the night!
- Diffusing essential oils.
- Reading every night before bed.
- I have been putting away my phone & ipad before bed and reading instead. Even if it’s just a few pages, reading typically helps me relax & makes my eyelids close quick!
- No Caffeine after 3 pm
- Having a consistent bedtime/Waking up the same time everyday (still haven’t perfected this yet)
In addition to the above tips that I’ve been practicing for years- I made a quick downloadable cheat sheet with more ideas on how to get a better night’s sleep!
Click the graphic below to get more FREE tips sent directly to your inbox!