Looking for a fun pumpkin treat to bring to a fall gathering? Make these Pumpkin Brownie Bites!
Hands down, these are absolutely delicious. These flourless, fudgey brownie bites are really, really moist and cake like. It’s not your typical brownie consistency. And I made them in a loaf pan just to get them as thick as possible (they come out thicker than pictured). This taste of pumpkin is SO mild, you really would have no idea that the recipe called for pumpkin.
This one bowl recipe is gluten free & dairy free. You can also make these brownies vegan by not adding the mini chocolate chips (they just add an extra layer of sweetness). It takes about 5 minutes to mix all the ingredients together & just pop in the oven! So easy.
Confession- I made these brownie bites twice (the reason behind the two sets of photos).
The first time in an 8×8 baking pan (hence the photos of the flat-ish brownies) & then in a loaf pan. They came out SO much better in the loaf pan. I was serving them for a get together I had with friends & before I could get a good shot of them, they were eaten!! The brownie bites come out twice as high when backed in the loaf pan. You can cut them up into tiny squares to really make them small & bite sized. Be careful when removing them from the pan- they are delicate. I found that part of my “loaf” crumbled after removing them from the pan. That is why it is so important to let the pan cool completely before cutting the brownies up.
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup plus more for topping of mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line loaf pan with parchment paper. You can also use an 8x8 baking dish (just remember to adjust your cook time).
- In a large bowl, combine the almond butter, pumpkin & oil. Mix well.
- Add in honey & vanilla- mix well. Add in cocoa powder, baking soda, salt & cinnamon.Stir until combined.
- Add in mini chocolate chips & stir.
- Pour batter into loaf pan then sprinkle a handful of mini chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 20-30 min in the oven or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before serving.