HAPPY MONDAY! It’s almost pumpkin season!
I am feeling all the fall vibes today, especially with this crisp cool air we’ve been experiencing in Connecticut.
It’s time to start sharing all the fall recipes I’ve been working on in my kitchen.
And breads are one of my favorite snacks/desserts to make in the fall. I wanted to combine my love for banana bread with my obsession with pumpkin. Both of these ingredients combined create a wonderful moist bread!
I switched out some ingredients to make this recipe a tad bit healthier. But you can totally make this recipe with regular flour & sugar. The taste doesn’t change regardless of what ingredients you use. Also, I think next time I make this I will use chocolate chunks instead of chocolate chips. Just more chocolatey goodness to go around!
You can also freeze this loaf for later in the season if needed.
Just make sure it cools off completely before wrapping in plastic wrap. It should keep in the freezer for 2-3 months!
Also make sure you are using pumpkin puree & NOT pumpkin pie filling. There is a major difference people- take time to read the can when doing your grocery shopping.
HAPPY BAKING! Try my recipe for Blueberry Banana Oatmeal bread while you’re at it!
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Spray loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, vanilla and sugar. Add in the mashed bananas & pumpkin puree. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder & cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients & mix well.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan & sprinkle the top with a handful of chocolate chips.
- Bake for 45-50 min. Let cool for 20 min before slicing.