I recently went to a holiday party where everyone was asked to bring an appetizer. I immediately thought to bring my Mom’s Hot Clam Dip! I turned it up a notch by creating a beautiful cheese board with assorted crackers to accompany the clam dip. I was able to get everything I needed for the cheese board at Trader Joe’s and Shop Rite!
Here’s everything I added to the cheese & cracker board:
- Green Grapes
- Red Grapes
- Black Grapes
- Smoked Gouda Cheese
- Horseradish Cheddar Cheese
- Dried Crystallized Ginger
- Fig & Olive Crackers
- Pita Chips
- Dried Crystallized Pineapple
- Sharp Yellow Cheddar Cheese
- Everything Flavored Pretzel Crisps
Here is the recipe for the clam dip! Serve hot, right out of the oven. It tastes best with Triscuits!
- 1½ cups crushed Ritz crackers (about 1½ sleeves)
- 1 tbsp. minced onion
- 1 can minced clams with juice
- ¼ lb. melted better (1 stick)
- few drops of lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, mix melted butter with Ritz cracker crumbs.
- Add remaining ingredients & mix well.
- Pour into a small baking dish (I like to bake it in the dish I will be serving it in). Bake for 30 minutes covered or until bubbling.
- Uncover and continue to bake until browned on top (about 5-8 minutes).