Happy Monday! Another Monday, another meatless meal option. This time I wanted to try a meatless breakfast option. I’m the worst at making breakfast for myself during the week. I am so not a morning person & the thought of having to cook something before work just makes me cringe.
That being said, breakfast is one of my favorite meals. Sometimes I like to eat breakfast foods for dinner! So when I found this frittata recipe on one of my favorite blogs- Another Tablespoon, I was very excited to try it. The fact that I could make this as part of my meal prep on Sunday, and then re-heat every morning for a hot breakfast was such a no brainer for me.
I switched up the recipe a bit, since the original recipe called for asparagus which is not in season right now. I used green pepper instead- it was so delicious!
- 10 large eggs
- 8 oz package fresh baby bella mushrooms
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced
- green pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup milk (I used low fat milk)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium low heat. Add the mushrooms & sauce for about 4 minutes until the liquid starts to render.Add the onion & green pepper and cook for an additional 3 minutes (until the onions are translucent).
- Remove from the heat & cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the milk, salt & pepper. Stir in the cooked vegetables & feta cheese.
- Spray a 9" deep dish pie plate with cooking spray. Pour the egg mixture into the pie plate.
- Place in the center of your oven & bake for 35 minutes or until the top & center of your frittata is set.