Mushrooms- my love/hate relationship continues!
Finding new ways to eat mushrooms has been a goal of mine this year. Anything I can do to mask that earthy/dirt taste is a win in my book. I knew I would love this recipe- honey & balsamic are two flavors I love yet have never combined them. Another plus is that it only takes about 15 minutes to make! Quick, easy & meatless-
This recipe can be made just as a side dish. I decided to serve it over red lentil pasta. It’s made with only one ingredient- red lentils. It’s low calorie, gluten free & packed with 13 grams of protein in one serving. And it’s actually VERY delicious. This is the pasta I used:
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 16 oz package whole mushrooms
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- In a medium skillet over medium high heat, add the olive oil. Add mushrooms & season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 1-2 minutes until tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, honey & minced garlic. Add the sauce to the mushrooms and continue to sauté for 3-5 minutes until sauce reduces and mushrooms are tender. Garnish with fresh parsley.
- I sliced & served the mushrooms over red lentil pasta. You can serve over regular pasta, rice or keep as a side dish.
Check out some of my other recipes here that include mushrooms!