So I’m a little overwhelmed with holiday content & am very much looking forward to the new year. What better way to start fresh then to completely organize & overhaul your space. A clean, organized space (a closet in my case) helps you start the day right & find things with ease.
I was beyond thrilled when Sharon from Tidy House reached out to me to help me get organized.
The one thing I have never been able to keep organized is my closet. Nothing ever had a place & I know I wasn’t utilizing the space properly. As you can see from my before pictures- it was just an overall disaster. Whenever I tried to clean it up, I just got to overwhelmed & walked away from the project.
And then in comes Sharon & she makes all my closet dreams come true! We did things a little backwards by doing a lot of the initial legwork remotely.
But typically here is how Sharon’s amazing organizing services work:
- There is an initial consultation (up to 2 hours for a fee depending on the scale of the project)
- After the consultation, Sharon will reach out with links of what to buy & suggestions for the project
- Once a plan is put into place, materials will be ordered & then install/organizing day happens!
Sharon is qualified to help you whip any space in your home into shape. In addition to organizing, she specializes in small home renovations (she has completely renovated her current home with her husband room by room). She loves kitchen renovations, picking finishes & all the small details most people don’t even think about when renovating. She has impeccable taste & a knack for coming up with a solution for any problem.
I also appreciate how Sharon is able to work with whatever your budget is. I did not want to shell out a lot of money for this closet re-do only because my current living situation is temporary. My closet had existing wire shelving that I wanted to work with. Sharon was able to create adjustable shelving with only adding a few shelves into my existing set-up ($30 at Home Depot). The only other items I purchased were new hangers ($30 on Amazon for 100) & grey striped baskets from Target ($9.99 each). All other baskets are items I had.
For a total of $80, I got a brand new closet! Sharon was able to envision a plan to better utilize my space without installing a brand new closet system. I am beyond happy with how everything turned out. I can also proudly say that I have kept it completely organized for the past 3 weeks!
Along with teaching me how to properly set-up a closet, Sharon taught me how to better fold my clothes! My mind was seriously blown on how just folding clothing into thirds saved so much space! I was able to free up three drawers (most of the clothing that was in there either got hung up or condensed into my dresser) which now hold most of my shoes!
I woke up the next morning after we worked on my closet & felt so ready to take on the day. I was able to see everything I had instead of hunting through piles of clothes. My plan to continue this organization journey in 2020 is to get my dresser up to speed with my new folding method! I’ll be able to find things & organize each drawer by item and color. Taking the time to re-fold & set up your drawers correctly really make a difference!
My takeaways from this project:
- Having matching hangers totally makes a difference. Everything hangs the same way & it just looks neater. The velvet hangers are the best!
- Organizing clothes by color makes getting dressed so much easier. Also having all “like” items together (such as denim) really lets you see how much of one type of item you have. In my case, I have a shit ton of jeans & I know not to buy more! LOL
- Take the time to fold your clothes. I HATE folding clothes, but the 5-10 minutes it takes, really helps cut down the time when picking out an outfit in the morning.
- Use baskets for everything! It’s a chic way to store items that are not easily foldable. My striped baskets hold my bathing suits & one holds hats!
Thank you Sharon for all your help in jump starting my new routine & organized life. Please email Sharon ([email protected]) or DM her (@tidy_house_ct) to set-up your consultation today! It’s totally worth it!