I’ve partnered again with Frescobene Sauces to create a tasty, easy recipe!
If you are not familiar with Frescobene, they are a small women owned business based out of Connecticut. They create fresh premium pasta sauces & freeze them to maintain peak freshness. To learn more about Frescobene, refer to this post!
I’ve created this Italian chicken dish to be cooked in your slow cooker.
I don’t know about you, but I LOVE cooking in a slow cooker/crock pot. You just throw all your ingredients in there in the morning & by dinner time you have a hot meal waiting for you. It’s easy, involves minimal clean up & is perfect for people who have busy schedules.
Frescobene’s mission is all about creating quality meals but in a timely manner. No one has time to spend hours cooking every night. This Italian Chicken dish is flavorful, versatile & so easy to make.
Just throw everything into your slow cooker & let it simmer for 7-8 hours. By dinner time your mouth will be watering with the delicious smells coming from the kitchen.
You can serve this shredded Italian chicken over pasta or rice. To keep it healthy, this chicken would also be amazing over steamed veggies!
- 2-3 large chicken breasts
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 boxes Frescobene Amatriciana Sauce, thawed
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- Fresh Parsley for garnish
- Combine all your ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Once cooked, remove chicken from slow cooker & shred it with two forks.
- Return shredded chicken to the sauce in the slow cooker & mix well.
- Serve chicken over pasta or rice & garnish with chopped fresh parsley.