Going stir crazy at home & unable to get to your favorite workout classes? I got you covered!
I’ve been a person who loves to work out on their own for a few years now. I’ve joined gyms before, went to group fitness classes & even kinda fell in love with spin class. However, I’ve always had problems with classes not fitting into my schedule, or memberships for classes I love being completely out of my budget.
As some of you know, I did Faster Way to Fat Loss for months & LOVED IT! I had to pause that membership, because helllloooo it was pricey! For the past few months, I’ve been doing the workouts I learned from the program plus switching it up here and there when I got bored.
Bottom line is you can totally get in a GOOD workout at home.
You can do HIIT, get in your cardio, lift weights & stretch it out with some yoga….all in the comfort of your own home.
So now that we’re all quarantined until God knows when, let’s take advantage of all this free time & get our summer body into gear. Just because we are home doesn’t mean that it’s time to be a lazy shit. You have to move your body- even if it’s for 15-30 minutes a day. Just get that work out in!
I noticed a lot of local studios here are offering an online option during this whole Corona virus pandemic. Some even are offering online classes for FREE. I decided to try out a few of these classes plus do a little research as to what free workouts you can access from home. Let’s just say I’m sore AF.
Also, another tip- follow your favorite health & fitness experts on Instagram. Many of them post workouts on their Instagram feed or in their stories, listing out the moves and how many reps to do. You can pretty much build your own workout based off what you’re in the mood for.
Here are some awesome FREE workouts I’ve found:
- @rachaelgoodeats has workouts on her Instagram feed almost everyday. I did her 15 min HIIT set & shit was harrdddddd
- @joyridestudio (based out of CT) is offering free Instagram Live classes (check their page for the schedule). I did the total body class this past Friday and it was AMAZING. Honestly, still sore!
- @greenwichbarrestudio is offering free barre classes via IGTV- great class if barre is your obsession (I believe other local barre studios are also offering classes however there is a charge)
- @305fitness– check out their YouTube channel for fun dance workouts- the music is AWESOME
- @toneitup– I’ve been following these ladies for a while now & love all their fitness and nutrition tips. Normally their is a fee to use their app, but for the next month it’s FREE!
- @neoufitness– there are simple strength workouts within their Instagram feed along with a paid subscription program
- @melissawoodhealth– another great quick workout resource, she has a paid membership program but often posts short workouts throughout her Instagram feed
- @thebabesandbuns– these local CT ladies post workouts that will leave your body shaking! Let’s support them & give them a follow on Instagram!
- Youtube– I can’t say this enough- YouTube is your friend to find free workouts. I took a restorative yoga class on Saturday & thoroughly enjoyed it. Just search for whatever you are in the mood for & you’ll have tons of options at your fingertips.
- Instagram– just search the hashtag #athomeworkouts & you’ll find plenty of options!!
And remember, let’s have fun with this! We have to make the best of this quarantine. Find creative ways to get your workout in. Don’t forget to get outside for some fresh air & take a walk. Don’t have dumbbells or equipment at home? Use water bottles, bottles of olive oil, paint cans- whatever you have on hand will do. Tag me on Instagram getting your daily workout in!