After eating not so great last week, I’m in serious need of some healthy snacks this week. So I created a new energy ball recipe.
For added nutrition, I added a bunch of different seeds.
They’re all optional so use whatever you have in your pantry. As always, I added flax & chia seeds. The extra fiber, antioxidants & healthy fats from these seeds is good for your gut.
Eat 2-3 of these energy balls when you need a pick me up or just want a healthy sweet treat.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup sweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup almond butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium size bowl.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (can leave in refrigerator overnight if preferred).
- Roll refrigerated mixture into balls about 1 inch big,
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.