It’s another Meatless Monday- today we’re talking about edamame.
I love edamame. It’s a great source of protein & a good way to get your “healthy” carbs in for the day. I usually enjoy edamame steamed with a little bit of sea salt on top, but I wanted to experiment with different ways to enjoy this vegetable.
It’s so hard to get your daily doses of protein when a vegetarian or vegan.
I’ve been trying to find recipes that combine all the protein packed veggies to give you all your protein needs in one meal. This salad does just that. The edamame & chick peas give you protein, while the other veggies are low in fat & in carbs. And I love that you can enjoy this salad either warm or cold. I prefer it warm- because I’m just not down with cold mushrooms! And the roasted chickpeas on top are that added crunch that rounds out this salad. PS roast the chickpeas ahead of time to cut down on prep time.
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 12 oz baby Bella mushrooms
- 16 oz frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ½ cup roasted red peppers, sliced thin
- ½ tsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- Roasted chickpeas
- Heat 1 tbsp of sesame oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Cook the mushrooms until tender, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to bowl.
- Add the remaining tbsp of oil to the pan. Cook the edamame, snap peas & ginger for about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the red pepper, sriracha sauce & mushrooms. Cook for another 2 minutes. Season with salt & pepper.
- Remove from heat & stir in sesame seeds and vinegar. Serve warm. Top with roasted chickpeas (roast chickpeas in oven @ 400 degrees with desired spices for 40 minutes).