Hi #ladygang! I’m sure you already know this, but one of my goals this year is to make the switch to healthier, safer products.
This includes everything from skincare & beauty to cleaning products. However, I’m totally on a budget & cannot afford to do an entire overhaul on my products all at one time. I’ve been looking into affordable brands & switching out a few products at a time. I will have a free guide available in my Instagram bio & in my weekly newsletter this week to get my list of affordable organic & non-toxic products to switch to! Stay tuned!
In the theme of switching to safer & cleaner products, I recently made the switch to Beautycounter make-up & I am loving it.
I wanted to start out small & just test out the face make-up. I’m having a lot of dry patches on my skin recently & needed something with both coverage and hydration properties. Here is what I bought:
- Dew Skin (Color: NO.2)– This is a tinted moisturizer with SPF 20 protection added. This is probably my most important step of my routine. SPF is SO important people!!! If you can buy a foundation, tinted moisturizer or any face product with SPF in it- DO IT! I like this because the coverage is sheer so it doesn’t feel like I’m adding tons of layers of make-up to my face. Honestly, during the summer months when I need less coverage- I will probably wear this alone & not need foundation.
- Tint Skin Hydrating Foundation (Color: Linen): I LOVE this foundation. It’s super lightweight, has buildable coverage & includes the ingredient sodium hyaluronate. This ingredient is a complete moisture magnet & helps skin appear smoother. I apply this with my Bobbi Brown foundation brush for an even application.
- Touchup Skin Concealer Pen (Color: Light): I really love this clickable concealer pen. It gives just the right amount of coverage & it’s easily blendable. If you have extra dark circles, I would suggest layering two different colors of this concealer for extra coverage & brightness.
- Color Define Brow Pencil (Color: Medium): I am very picky about my eyebrow products I use. I was shocked that I like this pencil & how smoothly I was able to draw my brows on. The only downside is that you have to sharpen it. I’m so used to my Anastasia retractable pencil.
Not only am I loving how these products look, I’m loving that fact that I’m using safer products on my skin. Beautycounter prides themselves on banning the use of over 1500 toxic chemicals in their products. 80% of their products are organic & plant based. The other 20% is a mixture of non-toxic chemicals that are safe to use on your skin.
If you have any questions or need help picking out the correct products for you- reach out to me! You can email me anytime for help! Already know what you want to buy? Click here to purchase on Beautycounter.com. Make the switch, your skin will thank you!