Cowboy Caviar is a fancy name for corn & black bean salad. And it is a staple in my summer diet!
This is an easy appetizer or side dish for any summer BBQ you get invited to! This recipe takes no more than 30 minutes to make. I also like to make this salad the night before & let the flavors marinate together overnight- SO good! And who doesn’t like fresh corn in the summer?
The lime juice when paired with the balsamic vinegar gives this salad a savory sweet flavor with an acidic bite. Not only is this a healthy side dish, it can also be a tasty dip eaten with tortilla chips. I’ve also used leftovers as taco fillings or to serve with fajitas (always craving Mexican food over here!).
However you serve this salad, it is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 15 oz. can black beans
- ½ cup cilantro
- 3 ears fresh corn (or 1 can whole kernel corn)
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp. Garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Grill the fresh ears of corn on the grill. Let cool. Cut the corn off & put in a large bowl.
- Drain & rinse the black beans. Add these to the corn.
- Chop the red onion & bell peppers. Add to the corn & bean mixture.
- Chop the cilantro & add to the corn mixture.
- In a small bowl, stir together the lime juice, honey, cumin, olive oil, balsamic vinegar & garlic powder. Add to the corn & black bean mixture. Season with salt & pepper.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.