Happy Meatless Monday!
I felt inspired to get back into posting some healthy-ish recipes! This one right here is one of my favorites. It’s a family recipe that my Mom has perfected over the years. Chickpea salad is always a summer staple & is a great side dish.
Chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, are a great source of protein, carbohydrates & fiber. If you are looking for another great chickpea recipe- check out my recipe for Chickpea Burgers.
I personally think it’s best to make this ahead of time & keep it in the fridge until needed. Letting all the ingredients marinate together for a few hours is definitely worth it.
This recipe feeds 4-6 people as a side dish but if you are going to a party I would definitely double the recipe.
- 2 can 15 oz. chickpeas (drained & rinsed)
- 4 tbsp. Chopped fresh basil
- 4 tbsp. Chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- ⅔ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Combine chickpeas, basil, parsley, garlic, olive oil & fresh lemon juice in a bowl. Mix well.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese & mix well.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or cover and put in the refrigerator.