Happy Meatless Monday!
I’m making one of my favorite foods- tacos! You all know I love me some Mexican food. And I love finding new ways to make tacos a bit healthier. I’ve found the spice that mix that works for me & I’ve been experimenting with different veggies to use.
Cauliflower is a great, versatile vegetable. It’s low carb & low in calories. There are many benefits to eating cauliflower as well. Cauliflower is high in fiber that aids in weight loss & digestion. It also provides a ton of antioxidants that have been known to help protect against cancer. I try to fit this vegetable into my diet a few times a week. Not a fan of cooking- I’ve found some great frozen cauliflower options at Trader Joe’s (cauliflower crust pizza, tri color cauliflower & cauliflower stir fry).
Anyways, back to the tacos. These are very easy to make. I like prepping a batch of these on a Sunday for my weekly lunches. Re-heating & then assembling at work is easy and I love having a homemade hot lunch. If you don’t want the added carbs of the tortillas- you can always eat this over a bed of lettuce, brown rice or quinoa. Sometimes I prefer a taco bowl over traditional tacos!
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn
- ½ tsp. Red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. Chili powder
- ½ tsp. Garlic powder
- 6-8 corn tortillas
- Olive oil, salt & pepper
- 3 tbsp. Greek yogurt
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 tsp. Cilantro, chopped
- Crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spread cauliflower & frozen corn on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes, chili powder, garlic powder, salt & pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil & mix with hands.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Mix Greek yogurt, lime juice, cilantro & a touch of salt in a small bowl.
- Spoon cauliflower & corn mixture into warm tortillas, top with Greek yogurt sauce & crumbled goat cheese.