Happy Meatless Monday!
Today’s meatless post will give you all the feels for Valentine’s Day. It’s not only the perfect reddish/pink color, but this hummus has a slight sweetness to it. It’s an easy appetizer to make for your significant other or for a fun Galentine’s Day brunch with your girlfriends!
I got this recipe from two of my co-workers. Originally when I heard them speaking about the recipe, I was like ew gross. Beets are SO not my favorite (if you couldn’t already tell, I’m the pickiest eater). Then when Sue put this recipe up on her blog (AnotherTablespoon.com) & couldn’t stop raving about. I had to give it a try!
This is by far one of the easiest things I’ve ever made! Especially when you get the steamed & peeled beets from Trader Joe’s! All the work is already done for you. Just throw everything in the blender/food processor & call it a day!
This hummus is not only beautiful but it’s healthy as well. Both vegan & gluten free! You can serve this with fresh veggies or my favorite- pita bread!
- 8 oz. pkg Trader Joe’s Steamed & Peeled Baby Beets
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained & rinsed (reserve ¼ cup of liquid)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tahini
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Cut the cooked beers in quarters then add to your blender/food processor. Blend until mostly smooth.
- Add the chickpeas, chickpea liquid, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, salt & pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Drizzle in the olive oil & continue to blend.
- Add more salt, pepper or lemon juice if desired.
- Add more olive oil or water if mixture is too thick.