Happy Meatless Monday!
After this past weekend in Florida, I need a quick & easy meatless meal for today. Meal prep was not an option on Sunday so I had to be creative. And I wanted to make something with Mexican flavors- my favorite!
These tostadas are very versatile.
It’s all about the toppings. Use whatever you have on hand & pile on all the toppings. I’ve seen olives, lettuce, salsa, red onion & chopped tomatoe added to these. I just used simple ingredients I had on hand for this particular recipe.
The best part of this recipe is that it takes minutes to put together.
This is my new go-to when I’m crunched for time. And the fact that you can customize the ingredients to your taste buds is so key. Everyone in my family has different taste buds, so setting up a topping station Is the easiest way to make everyone happy.
- Corn tortillas
- 15 oz can re-fried beans (I prefer black beans)
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 lime
- 2 avocados
- Crumbled queso fresco
- Chopped cilantro
- Non-Stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place tortillas on baking sheet & spray each side with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake tortillas for 3-4 minutes on each side or until edges are slightly curled. Remove from oven & set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine re-fried beans, chili powder, cumin & juice from 1 lime. Heat over medium heat for 5 minutes (or heat in the microwave for 1½ minutes or until beans are warm).
- Slice avocados into strips.
- Assemble tostadas by topping each tortilla with ¼ cup of the re-fried bean mixture. Then add on the rest of your toppings. I chose adding sliced avocados & crumbled queso fresco.
- Finish your tostada off by sprinkling with chopped cilantro & a squeeze of lime juice.